June 11, 2020
Biden Allies’ Calls To ‘Defund The Police’ Gain Momentum
Joe Biden is set to attend a fundraiser tonight hosted by far-left “Defund the Police” activist John Legend, who has pledged to try and convince Biden to support the radical movement. Will Legend be as successful as Alyssa Milano was last year?
The train to defund the police has left the station and Joe Biden is on it, whether he likes it or not. Even Biden’s own potential VP picks have signaled their support for the effort. In just the last few days:
- Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer said she “supports” the “spirit” of the movement to defund the police.
- Senator Kamala Harris applauded Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti’s decision to slash the city’s police budget by $150 million.
- Rep. Val Demings praised the Minneapolis city council’s decision to dismantle its police department as “very thoughtful.”
- Senator Cory Booker said he supports the “sentiment” and “substance” of the movement to defund the police.
- Rep. Marcia Fudge said “every single city” should start looking at ways to defund the police.
- Rep. Barbara Lee said she was “really proud” of Minneapolis for moving to dismantle its police department.
Biden’s statement against defunding the police was so weak that NO ONE – not even his own potential VP picks or surrogates – is listening.
4 Key Questions For Joe Biden Today In Philadelphia
Trump campaign statement on media coverage of Biden events