January 21, 2020
Democrats’ Totally Partisan, Incredibly Weak Impeachment is a Waste of Time and Taxpayer Money
House Democrats abused the Constitution by forcing through the weakest and first totally partisan impeachment in American history, and now want a do-over in the Senate. But their hyper-partisan, wasteful, petty antics are why Americans are more tuned out and more opposed to impeachment than they were last year.
Once again, while President Trump is hard at work representing America and conducting foreign policy, Democrats are working to undermine him:
- In September, President Trump was hard at work at the United Nations when Nancy Pelosi announced impeachment.
- In December, President Trump was hard at work at NATO when Democrats held an impeachment show trial with liberal professors who donated to Democrats.
- This month, President Trump was hard at work signing an America-First trade deal with China when Democrats celebrated the articles of impeachment with taxpayer-funded pens and joyous photos.
- Today, President Trump is hard at work representing America overseas as Democrats hold partisan press conferences to complain about Senate procedures.
Democrats claimed they were sad and somber to impeach the president, but their actions tell a different story:
- On the day of the House impeachment vote, Pelosi appeared on Stephen Colbert’s late night comedy show to laugh and joke about it.
- Pelosi hosted a celebratory signing ceremony for the articles of impeachment, complete with commemorative pens and giddy photos.
- Pelosi celebrated impeachment by sharing a fist-bump with comedian Bill Maher this past weekend.
Democrats orchestrated the first partisan impeachment in American history:
- The only thing that’s bipartisan about this impeachment is the opposition to it.
- Democrats cynically relied on political polling and focus groups to decide what to accuse the president of.
- The Democrats leading the impeachment sham like Jerry Nadler, Chuck Schumer, and Zoe Lofgren all previously argued that impeachment can't move forward unless it's bipartisan.
Democrats’ impeachment sham is driven by hatred for President Trump and their refusal to accept the results of the 2016 election:
- Democrats have been trying to remove President Trump from office since he was elected.
- Almost all of Nancy Pelosi’s handpicked impeachment managers supported impeachment long before the “whistle-blower” complaint was even filed.
- Jerry Nadler campaigned to chair the Judiciary Committee in 2017 as “best positioned to lead impeachment.”
While Democrats waste time and taxpayer money on their sham impeachment, they are ignoring issues Americans actually care about:
- "I think it's a terrible idea... I think it's political. 50 years from now I think people are going to really look down upon it." (WATCH)
- "It's all made up. [Democrats] just want him out. They hate him. They have Trump Derangement Syndrome." (WATCH)
- “I think some of these people in Congress should just get back to doing their job… they’re not doing anything for us.” (WATCH)
- “It really makes me angry that Congress is not doing their job. Instead, they're off on this terrible trial to dismantle America[.]” (WATCH)
While Democrats divide the country and waste taxpayers’ time and money, President Trump is hard at work for the American people, delivering on promise after promise:
- Trump finalized Phase 1 of the new U.S.-China trade deal, a huge win for America's manufacturers and farmers.
- Trump’s trade deal to replace NAFTA, the new USMCA, just passed the Senate and will soon be signed.
- Trump’s negotiations with Mexico have resulted in better border security and a huge plunge in illegal border crossings.
- Trump’s economic policies have caused wages to increase for all Americans, but especially for low-income workers.
- Trump’s efforts to lower health care costs have yielded real results, with the average benchmark ACA premium decreasing by 4% in 2020 and the cost of prescription drugs decreasing in 9 of the last 13 months when measured on a year over year basis.
Voters can see the difference in priorities: while Democrats’ sole focus is fighting President Trump, President Trump is fighting for the American people.