February 07, 2020
Extremist Pete Buttigieg Opposes Any Limits on Abortion
Today, Pete Buttigieg refused to condemn infanticide and partial birth abortion, arguing “it shouldn’t be up to a government official to draw the line.”
Buttigieg’s comments confirms his extremist views on abortion, which he would permit without restrictions up until the moment of birth, even for healthy, viable babies:
- Buttigieg said there is no point in pregnancy, even after a baby is fully developed and viable, where abortion should not be allowed.
- Buttigieg justified abortion even after a child is born, suggesting life does not begin until a baby takes its first breath.
- Buttigieg pledged to repeal the Hyde Amendment and force taxpayers to fund abortions.
Buttigieg’s extreme devotion to abortion was on display last week when he told a prominent pro-life Democrat there is no room for pro-life voices in his party, prompting fears from pro-life Democrats that his extreme stance could cost them votes in November:
“Buttigieg…might find it pragmatic right now to reject our overtures. It won’t be pragmatic, though, when in November the Democratic Party loses a swath of pro-life states to President Donald Trump." - Kristen Day, Executive Director of Democrats For Life
Pete Buttigieg’s refusal to name a single restriction on abortion – even up to the point of birth - puts him at the extreme fringe of public opinion.
Meanwhile, the President has kept the promises he made in 2016 to the pro-life community, becoming the first President to ever address the March for Life in person and delivering unprecedented victories for the pro-life cause:
- Trump successfully nominated two great judges to the U.S. Supreme Court, and nearly 200 additional federal judges.
- Trump took executive action to stop taxpayer money from flowing to Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion business in the country.
- Trump reinstated and expanded the ban on Americans' tax dollars paying for abortions in foreign countries.
- Trump is standing with the Catholic nuns known as the Little Sisters of the Poor, defending them from Obama-era regulations forcing them to violate their religious beliefs by providing health insurance that covers abortifacients.
Most recently, at this week's State of the Union, President Trump highlighted the story of Ellie Schneider, a young girl who was delivered after just 21 weeks, and again called for Congress to pass legislation prohibiting late-term abortion.
President Trump was right when he said, “Unborn children have never had a stronger defender in the White House.” Pro-abortion extremists like Pete Buttigieg would be a huge step in the wrong direction in the fight for life.
Trump campaign statement on yet another Democrat debate
Trump Wraps Up ‘Best Week of His Presidency’