September 13, 2020
FACT CHECK: Joe Biden Opposed President Trump’s Restrictions on Travel From China
Immediately after the World Health Organization declared the China virus a global health emergency on January 30, President Trump acted quickly, instituting restrictions on travel from China. Dr. Fauci says this decision saved American lives.
Joe Biden opposed President Trump’s decision. Biden accused the president of acting irrationally, and said he was engaging in “hysterical xenophobia” – an attack Biden repeated several times in the following weeks.
Biden’s campaign is desperately trying to rewrite history, but his top advisors can’t explain Biden’s position or why he opposed President Trump’s travel restrictions for two months:
- On January 28, Biden advisor Ron Klain said he opposed restricting travel from China.
- On March 26, the Biden campaign would only tell The Washington Post that travel restrictions “can be warranted” – again refusing to say that President Trump made the right call.
- On September 10, Biden National Press Secretary TJ Ducklo refused to say Biden supported President Trump’s decision in January.
- Today, Biden advisor Jake Sullivan had no answer when asked why it took Biden two months to support President Trump’s travel restrictions.
- Today, Biden advisor Symone Sanders was forced to admit that in January and February Biden did not call for any specific measures to combat the coronavirus.
The bottom line is that if Biden had been in charge, more Americans would be dead: Joe Biden was behind the curve, while President Trump’s response to the coronavirus saved American lives.
Question of the day for Joe Biden
Team Trump Look Ahead for the Week of September 13, 2020