January 06, 2020
FACT: President Trump Is Cleaning Up Joe Biden’s Iran Mess
The Obama-Biden Iran deal was a disaster. It supercharged Iran’s ability to fund and support terrorist attacks and it did not "stop" Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons.
- President Obama himself admitted in 2015 that under the deal, Iran could still obtain a nuclear weapon as early as 2028.
- In September 2019, Iran admitted it was using “arrays of advanced centrifuges prohibited by its 2015 nuclear deal and can enrich uranium ‘much more beyond’ current levels to weapons-grade material, taking a third step away from the accord[.]”
- In August 2017, Iran refused to allow nuclear inspections of military sites, an issue Ben Rhodes misled the American people about in 2015.
- As Chuck Schumer said in 2015 when he opposed the Obama-Biden Iran deal, Iran “will be able to achieve its dual goals of eliminating sanctions while ultimately retaining its nuclear and non-nuclear power."
Team Biden is still trying to serve out the discredited Iran Deal Kool-Aid today.— Andrew Clark (@AndrewHClark) January 6, 2020
Here are the facts.
1. The Iran Deal did not "stop" Iran from obtaining a nuke. Obama himself admitted that Iran could - under his deal - get a nuclear weapon by 2028. https://t.co/7dLgANL6TF
Meanwhile, the Obama-Biden Administration secretly gave Iran a massive cash infusion and let its proxy Hezbollah off the hook, knowing full well the Iranian regime would fund terrorism and hurt Americans.
- AP: Secret Obama-Era Permit Let Iran Convert Funds to Dollars
- CNN: US Sent Plane With $400 Million in Cash to Iran
- Politico: “In its determination to secure a nuclear deal with Iran, the Obama administration derailed an ambitious law enforcement campaign targeting drug trafficking by the Iranian-backed terrorist group Hezbollah, even as it was funneling cocaine into the United States.”
- President Obama in 2015: "Now, this is not to say that sanctions relief will provide no benefit to Iran’s military. Let’s stipulate that some of that money will flow to activities that we object to."
- Secretary of State John Kerry in 2016: “I think that some of [the money] will end up in the hands of the IRGC or other entities, some of which are labeled terrorists.”
Joe Biden promised "accountability" after Soleimani's Quds force attempted to bomb a restaurant in Washington, D.C., but the Obama-Biden Administration failed to act, choosing appeasement which only emboldened Iran.
- Vice President Joe Biden in 2011: "The whole attempt here is to make sure that there is accountability for Iran, and that there is a further isolation of Iran in terms of their ability to operate[.]”
- Former Defense Secretary James Mattis wrote that Obama-Biden’s weak and inept response to the bomb plot “emboldened” Iran: “Had the bomb gone off, those in the restaurant and on the street would have been ripped apart, blood rushing down sewer drains. It would have been the worst attack on us since 9/11. I sensed that only Iran’s impression of America’s impotence could have led them to risk such an act within a couple of miles of the White House. Absent one fundamental mistake — the terrorists had engaged an undercover DEA agent in an attempt to smuggle the bomb — the Iranians would have pulled off this devastating attack.” Mattis concluded that because Obama and Biden had failed to respond to Iran’s bad behavior while the nuclear deal was being negotiated, Iran “would feel emboldened to challenge us more in the future.”
Joe Biden and the rest of the Democrats are wrong. Soleimani's death is a significant victory that is "impossible to overstate."
- General David Petraeus: "It's impossible to overstate the significance of the attack that takes out Qasem Soleimani and the number two militia leader in Iraq as well...this is bigger than Bin Laden, it's bigger than Baghdadi."
- Admiral James Stavridis: "[I]t's correct to say that the world is safer because Soleimani is dead."
Even Obama-Biden's own DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson admitted that President Trump had appropriate “legal authority” to take out Soleimani, a “lawful military objective.”
- Secretary Johnson: "[Soleimani] was a lawful military objective. The President under his constitutional authority as commander in chief had ample domestic legal authority to take him out."
Democrats should be ashamed that they are putting their hatred of President Trump first, before the national security of the United States.
- Senator Joe Lieberman: "In their uniformly skeptical or negative reactions to Soleimani’s death, Democrats are...creating the risk that the U.S. will be seen as acting and speaking with less authority abroad at this important time."
- Washington Examiner's Quin Hillyer: "Biden’s words themselves are dynamite in a tinderbox and are thus inexcusable...The Democrats’ highly politicized reactions, in reckless disregard of American diplomatic needs and interests, increase the chances that tragedy will result.
WATCH: None Of These Losers Stand A Chance Against President Trump!
DANGEROUS: Bernie Sanders Can’t Be Trusted To Defend American Lives