March 18, 2020
In Midst of Coronavirus Crisis, Joe Biden Defends China and Parrots Communist Party Propaganda
America is under attack – not just by an invisible virus, but by the Chinese.
- China’s Foreign Ministry is pushing online conspiracy theories specifically intended to undermine the fact that the Wuhan coronavirus originated in China. A Chinese official even blamed the U.S. military.
- “It’s more than just some disinformation or an official narrative,” said Xiao Qiang of the University of California at Berkeley’s School of Information. “It’s an orchestrated, all-out campaign by the Chinese government through every channel at a level you rarely see. It’s a counteroffensive.”
- According to reports, “a foreign disinformation campaign is underway” with the intent of “spreading fear” among Americans. Additionally, a cyber attack was directed at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. While the perpetrators are currently unknown to the public, China must be counted as a prime suspect.
What is Joe Biden up to as all this is happening? Siding with the Chinese and attacking the presidential candidate China fears most: Donald Trump.
- Today, Biden released a coronavirus-focused statement attacking “Trump's misguided trade war with China.”
- Today, Biden campaign advisor Ron Klain praised China’s authoritarian government for its response to the virus, heralding the fact that it “built hospitals in two or three days.”
These pro-China comments come after Biden repeatedly sided with the Chinese during the coronavirus crisis:
- When President Trump placed travel restrictions on China on January 31 to slow the spread of the coronavirus, Joe Biden sided with the Chinese.
- When President Trump fought back against Chinese misinformation by accurately stating that the coronavirus originated there, Joe Biden sided with the Chinese.
“We are in the midst of a pandemic lockdown today because the Chinese Communist regime cared more about suppressing information than suppressing a virus,” wrote Marc Thiessen in The Washington Post. “Chinese officials punished doctors for trying to warn the public and suppressed information that might have saved lives. … It is important this virus be forever linked to the brutal regime that facilitated its spread.”
- Yet Biden’s plan to combat the coronavirus does not include a single mention of “China,” “Chinese,” or “Wuhan.” (It does, however, plagiarize lots of things President Trump already did.)
In contrast, President Trump is standing up to Chinese disinformation and stating the truth. Asked today why he used the term “Chinese virus,” President Trump said, “China tried to say ... [the coronavirus] was caused by American soldiers. That can’t happen. It's not going to happen, not as long as I'm President. It comes from China.”
Has Biden said a single thing in defense of the American servicemembers smeared by Chinese propagandists? It doesn’t seem so.
Biden is the likely Democrat nominee for president, and “no one could be more thrilled than the Chinese Communist Party,” writes U.S. Senator Tom Cotton, noting that Biden’s “support of the People’s Republic of China is deep and longstanding.” Indeed:
- Biden said in 2001: “China is not our enemy.”
- Biden said in 2011: “I’ve held the view for so many years and continue to hold the view that a rising China is a positive development.”
Over the past year, Biden has repeatedly downplayed the threat posed by China and defended the regime:
- Biden said in May 2019 that China is “not bad” and “not competition” for America.
- Biden asked in June 2019, “what are we worried about?”
- Biden said in October 2019 that “China’s not a problem.”
- Biden said in January 2020 that “we should be helping” China.
- Biden said last month that “The idea that they are our competition, they’re going to beat us, is bizarre.”
In response to the news that China will expel American journalists, President Trump said today, “I don’t like seeing that at all. I’m not happy about that at all.” President Trump’s National Security Council tweeted, “The United States calls on China’s leaders to refocus their efforts from expelling journalists and spreading disinformation to joining all nations in stopping the Wuhan coronavirus.”
Biden has remained silent on this matter as well, choosing instead to focus his (albeit limited) energy on attacking President Trump
Florida puts President Trump over the top as presumptive 2020 Republican nominee
BREAKING: Twitter Gives A Pass To Democrats’ Coronavirus Disinformation