October 13, 2020
Joe Biden is Trying to Con Seniors and Scare Them During A Pandemic
Biden is spreading disinformation in Florida today, trying to trick and scare seniors like the con artist and career politician that he is. Fact-checkers have debunked Biden’s shameless lies about Social Security and Medicare, but that hasn’t stopped Biden from repeating them anyway.
FACT: Biden’s attack that President Trump will “slash” Medicare benefits is a lie.
- Washington Post: “[W]e were unaware of any Trump proposal or policy effort to cut Medicare benefits… [T]he Biden campaign goes too far to declare he is seeking to ‘slash’ Medicare benefits… The Biden campaign earns Two Pinocchios.”
FACT: Biden’s attack that President Trump will defund Social Security is a lie.
- FactCheck.org: Biden’s False Attacks on Trump’s Social Security ‘Plan’
- Washington Post: 4 Pinocchios: Biden campaign attacks a Trump Social Security ‘plan’ that does not exist
- PolitiFact: Mostly False: Fact-checking Joe Biden's claim that Donald Trump’s payroll tax 'plan' sinks Social Security
- KSTP-TV (Minneapolis): Does Trump plan to eliminate Social Security? No.
- WGAL-TV (Lancaster): “We're calling this claim false.”
In stark contrast to Biden’s absurd claims, PolitiFact noted that President Trump has kept his promise to protect Social Security benefits for America’s seniors.
Vice President Mike Pence Touts President Trump’s Economic Accomplishments, Warns Against Joe Biden’s Disastrous Plan to Shut Down the Economy
Excerpts from President Donald J. Trump’s remarks at tonight’s Make America Great Again Rally in Johnstown, Pennsylvania (as prepared)