March 24, 2020
Media Disgraces Itself Again, Gleefully Blames President Trump for Tragedy
The mainstream media jumped at the chance to blame President Trump for a man who tragically died after ingesting fish tank cleaner – though that key detail was purposefully hidden from readers in many of their tweets and stories. Outlets like Axios and The Hill deleted their tweets and clarified what happened, but many other outlets less committed to the truth have continued to spread misinformation about the prescription medication mentioned by President Trump that has saved lives.
This malicious, irresponsible “journalism” was ripped by numerous outlets as being more interested in smearing President Trump’s efforts to combat coronavirus than reporting facts.
- National Review: No, President Trump Did Not Make Anyone Ingest Fish Tank Cleaner
Last night, NBC pushed the story out enthusiastically on its website, on Twitter, and beyond, and it was shared widely by journalists and celebrities who were only too keen to employ it as partisan ammunition.
- Washington Examiner: Arizona man drinks poison and dies. Media blame Trump
Reading the headline pushed by NBC News and similar ones published by nearly every news outlet that has picked up the woman's story, one comes away with the distinct impression that the president caused the man’s death
…Missing from the news headlines about this Arizona tragedy is an important and relevant fact. The couple did not in fact ingest the “common malaria drug” Trump had referred to.
- Mediaite: Media Outlets Called Out For Misleading Reports That Man Died After Taking Coronavirus Drug Touted By Trump
While chloroquine can be used to treat malaria, NBC noted that the substance was not in its medicinal form when the couple drank it.
...The story ended up getting traction with other outlets, who simply reported that the man died because he self-medicated with the anti-malaria drug Trump has been promoting.
- Reason: Trump Is Not Responsible for the Death of a Man Who Swallowed Fish Tank Cleaner
An Arizona man died after swallowing a chemical used in fish tank cleaners, and many in the media know just who to blame: President Donald Trump.
But contrary to what the woman suggested to reporters, Trump did not endorse all forms of chloroquine as safe. What she consumed wasn't even medicine—it was chloroquine phosphate, a form of the chemical used in fish tank cleaner.
- PJ Media: Panic Peddlers: Media Blames Drug Trump Discussed for Death of Man Who Ate Aquarium Cleaner
In their constant effort to take down Trump and debunk everything he says, the media has been on a mission to prove that the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine, which some doctors and patients are reporting can effectively fight off the Chinese virus ravaging the world, is dangerous. It started with MSN reporting that two grams of the drug President Trump wants to fast-track can kill you.
- The Spectator: How the media created its latest anti-Trump hit job
These headlines all omit that the man ingested fish tank cleaner, which should immediately nullify any blame on Trump…
- The Blaze: Arizona man dies after ingesting fish tank additive to prevent coronavirus, and the media is pouncing to blame Trump
But while the president has talked about the drug, and even tweeted about it, taking the drug as a medical treatment overseen by a doctor is not the same as ingesting a fish tank additive that happens to include the drug.
- Breitbart: Media Blame Donald Trump For Man’s Death After Ingesting Fish Tank Cleaner
The media rushed to blame President Donald Trump on Monday for the death of an Arizona man who ingested a form of chloroquine — before it turned out that the man had ingested a fish tank cleaner with a similar chemical.
President Trump Took Decisive Actions to Expand Testing, Help the Economy, and Keep Americans Safe
Joe Biden Says “Listen to Dr. Fauci.” Shouldn’t He?