May 28, 2020
Media Mask-Shamers Keep Getting Caught Breaking Their Own Rules
The Fake News Media loves to shame anyone who doesn’t wear a mask. So why do so many of them keep failing to follow their own rules?
For The Washington Post’s latest mask-shaming effort, the paper enlisted basement dweller and virtue signaler Joe Biden to film himself chastising a reporter for failing to wear a mask while walking his dog on an empty street. While the CDC recommends“wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission,” Biden said, “You need to wear your mask outside. I don't care if you're just walking your dog.” But Biden failed to wear a mask outdoors just two days ago.
Biden’s media allies also seem to think the rules don’t apply to them:
- MSNBC’s Cal Perry attempted to mask-shame Americans at Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, but was humiliated when a passerby pointed out that his own cameraman was filming him without wearing mask.
- CNN’s Kaitlan Collins harps about wearing a mask when the cameras are on, but when the White House press briefing ended she was caught immediately taking off her own mask.
- ABC’s Jonathan Karl attempted to ‘mask shame’ a fellow reporter for not wearing a mask. Then a citizen journalist posted a photo of Karl out and about at a restaurant without a mask.
- CNN’s Gary Tuchman wore a mask for the camera while criticizing Florida beachgoers for failing to wear masks. But as soon as the cameras were off, he removed his mask.
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo broke quarantine while he had the coronavirus, then pretended to emerge from his basement for the first time days later.
Trump campaign statement on President Trump’s Social Media Executive Order
‘Team Trump Online! Triggered’: The American People Rebuke the Left’s Cancel Culture