June 06, 2020
One Year Ago Today: Joe Biden Supports Taxpayer-Funded Abortions, Renouncing A Belief He Held for Half A Century
One year ago today, Joe Biden embraced the extreme, pro-abortion fringe and announced his support for forcing American families to pay for unrestricted, unlimited abortions. After nearly half a century of opposing taxpayer-funded abortion, Biden disavowed his long-held personal beliefs, proving there’s no far-left position he won’t adopt to appease his radical base.
Biden’s reversal came in response to “intense criticism” and “intense pressure” from the far left. In the end, actress Alyssa Milano apparently pushed Biden over the edge. Asked about the big reversal, Biden’s communications director couldn’t give a reason for his flip-flop. Even CNN slammed Biden’s change as “politically expedient.”
“I’ve stuck to my middle-of-the-road position on abortion for more than 30 years,” Biden wrote in his 2007 book. “I still vote against partial birth abortion and federal funding, and I'd like ways to make it easier for scared young mothers to choose not to have an abortion… I've made life difficult for myself by putting intellectual consistency and personal principle above expediency.”
Now we know which came first in the end.
Throughout his 44 years as a Washington politician, Biden repeatedly voted for and defended the Hyde Amendment, which prohibits taxpayer-funded abortions. Now, to appease the pro-abortion Democrat Party, Biden his running away from his record:
- In 1974, Biden said, “I don’t like the Supreme Court decision on abortion. I think [Roe v Wade] went too far.”
- In 1974, Biden said, “I don’t think that a woman has the sole right to say what should happen to her body.”
- In 1982, Biden was one of just two Democrats in committee to vote for a constitutional amendment allowing states to overturn Roe v. Wade.
- In 1986, a Planned Parenthood official complained that Joe Biden “usually votes against us.”
- In 1996, Biden opposed partial-birth abortion.
- In 2006, Biden described himself as an “odd man out” in the Democratic Party on the issue of abortion and said he does not view abortion as a “choice and a right” because abortion “is always a tragedy” and should be “rare.”
- In 2007, Biden said abortion “should only be available when the woman’s life and health is at stake” and that he believed life begins at conception.
- In 2015, Biden said, “I’m prepared to accept that at the moment of conception there’s human life... Abortion is always wrong.”
- In 2015, Biden said he did not disagree with the Catholic Church that “abortion is always wrong.”
Biden now supports abortion for any reason with no limits and no restrictions, and wants to force Americans to pay for it with their tax dollars – even abortions of perfectly healthy babies in the ninth month, just before they are born.
It doesn’t get less empathetic than that.
Catholics for Trump ‘Faith in America’: President Trump Continues to Protect and Defend Religious Liberties While The Left Furthers Their Radical Socialist Agenda
Real News Insights with Phil Robertson