June 05, 2020
President Trump Travels to Maine to Highlight his Administration’s Efforts to Defeat the Coronavirus and Rebuild the Economy
President Trump traveled to Maine to visit Puritan Medical Products, which used $75.5 million in federal assistance under the Defense Production Act to expand its production of vital medical swabs used in coronavirus testing. Despite the Democrats' lies to the contrary, President Trump has repeatedly used the Defense Production Act to partner with our private sector in combating the coronavirus pandemic. The President's visit to Maine is testament to the whole-of-America approach that his administration has taken to handle this crisis and will showcase the rapid speed with which our entire country pivoted to combating the coronavirus under his leadership.
The President also attended a round table discussion on supporting America's commercial fishing. President Trump is utilizing the entirety of the federal government to rebuild our economy and maintain American prosperity. As today's jobs report testifies, our country is adding new jobs because of the President's swift and decisive actions, such as the Paycheck Protection Program and CARES Act. As Joe Biden sits in his basement, President Trump is making rapid progress to defeat the coronavirus, re-open our country, and Keep America Great
What they are saying:
- On April 4, Governor Mills welcomed the support of the federal government and President Trump:
- “I welcome this support from the Federal government. It will bolster the response of our State agencies and municipalities who are working to protect the public’s health and safety during these unprecedented times," said Governor Mills.
- On April 2, Senator Susan Collins praised President Trump’s daily press briefings:
- "I think his daily press briefings have been far more helpful to the American people and that he has deferred in many cases to the experts who usually accompany him to those press briefings," said Senator Collins
- Senator Collins also credited President Trump’s early action to ban travel to China as having saved lives:
- "The President did a lot that was right in the beginning. For example, he acted very early to ban travel to China, and that was a move, an action that he took that undoubtedly saved lives,” said Senator Collins.
Maine by the Numbers:
- To date, the Trump Administration has provided Maine with:
- 263,787 Surgical and Exam Gloves
- 230,914 N-95, Surgical, and Procedural Masks
- 42,801 Eye and Face Shields
- 204,393 Isolation and Surgical Gowns
- As of May 22, 714,941 Mainers had received an economic impact payment from the IRS, totaling more than $1.2 billion in economic relief.
- As of May 29, Maine had received $10.7 million in Public Assistance Grants from FEMA as a result of the President’s approval of a Major Disaster Declaration for the state.
- The second round of Paycheck Protection Program funding has protected 186,000 jobs in Maine.
- The Paycheck Protection Program has provided $2.2 billion in loans to more than 25,721 Maine businesses.
- The CARES Act is providing up to $1.25 billion in assistance to the State of Maine and local governments to help in their coronavirus response.
- As of May 19, the CARES Act has provided over $145 million to Maine healthcare providers.
Stunning Jobs Report Proves Joe Biden Was Wrong About Everything
EMBARRASSING: Media Pushed Doctored Hydroxychloroquine Study