June 23, 2020
PROMISES MADE, PROMISES KEPT: President Trump is Securing the Border and Protecting the American People
President Trump promised to build a wall on our southern border to protect the American people. With over 200 miles of border wall constructed and 450 miles expected by the end of the year, President Trump is keeping his promise.
The Trump Administration’s strong border policies have prevented drugs from coming across the border and reduced illegal immigration:
- Apprehensions at the southern border have decreased by 84% and have declined in 10 out of the last 12 months.
- Border officers have arrested and apprehended thousands of criminals at the border, including members of the dangerous MS-13 gang.
- This year alone, officers seized nearly 450,000 pounds of drugs, including over 92,000 pounds of meth, over 1,000 pounds of fentanyl, nearly 3,000 pounds of heroin, and almost 25,000 pounds of cocaine.
President Trump’s commitment to enforcing the law prevented a coronavirus catastrophe at our southern border:
- The Trump Administration worked with Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras to prevent overcrowding by swiftly returning illegal immigrants who are not allowed to enter the country.
- Since March, over 41,000 illegal immigrants attempting to cross the southwest border have been expelled to their home country or country of last transit in the interest of public health.
- Under the Administration’s COVID-19 policies, CBP was able to process and return 96% of those encountered in under two hours.
The President knows that walls work. Every single mile of new wall reduces border crime, illegal entry, and drug smuggling. But despite the success of President Trump’s border policies, Joe Biden is campaigning on stopping deportations, handcuffing Border Agents, and encouraging more sanctuary cities.
Unlike Joe Biden, President Trump will always keep his promises and put the safety of Americans first.
Another Promise Kept as President Trump Visits 200th Mile of Border Wall
WATCH: Black Voices for Trump Real Talk Online with Paris Dennard, Corrin Rankin, & Rep. James White