February 13, 2020
WARNING: If Pete Buttigieg Gets His Way, Nevada Union Workers Will Lose Their Health Plans
Ahead of the caucus, Nevada's largest union officially and correctly warned that the Democrats' “Medicare for All” agenda would "end" the union-negotiated health care plans of its 130,000 workers and their families.
In response, Pete Buttigieg is debuting an updated version of the classic "if you like your plan, you can keep it" lie, falsely assuring workers that his plan "protects" their health coverage.
Here's the truth: union workers and the rest of the 1.4 million Nevadans who receive health care through their jobs will lose their coverage one way or another under Pete Buttigieg.
Before he realized “Medicare for All” is a political liability, human weather vane Pete Buttigieg publicly supported it, including the end of employer-sponsored insurance:
- Buttigieg praised Bernie Sanders' Medicare for All plan during the early months of his presidential campaign.
- In February 2019, Buttigieg said, “What is Medicare for All? It’s a compromise. … The compromise position is a single-payer system where you have private doctors but a public payer.”
- In March 2019, Buttigieg said, “I believe we do need to move in the direction of a Medicare-for-all system.”
- In April 2019, Buttigieg said, “I've been more specific than many in offering a pathway to get to a Medicare for All.”
- In 2018, Buttigieg tweeted that he "most affirmatively and indubitably" favored Medicare for All. In another tweet, he incredulously asked, "When/where have you ever heard me oppose Medicare for All?"
Now, Buttigieg is now trying to fool voters by watering down Bernie Sanders' plan with a government-run public option. But as Buttigieg himself admitted in October 2019, “if this public plan that I want to create is the best one for everybody, then everybody’s going to want it, and it will become the only plan.” His own website states that “If private insurers are not able to offer something dramatically better, this public plan will create a natural glide-path to Medicare for All.”
So even Buttigieg admits his "moderate" plan is designed to end ObamaCare as we know it and get rid of workers' employer-sponsored health insurance, just like Medicare for All. His plan will cause premiums for private health coverage to skyrocket, leaving workers and families with no real choice at all.
While the Democrats will give free health care to illegal aliens and sacrifice working-class Americans’ private health coverage for their socialist experiments, the only candidate running for President who will truly allow Americans of all stripes to keep their health coverage is President Trump.
NEW POLL: Record Majority Agree They Are ‘Better Off’ Under President Trump
Trump campaign to run Daytona 500 TV ad & fly aerial banner