DONALD J. TRUMP’S VISION
- Prioritize the jobs, wages and security of the American people.
- Establish new immigration controls to boost wages and to ensure that open jobs are offered to American workers first.
- Protect the economic well-being of the lawful immigrants already living here by curbing uncontrolled foreign worker admissions
- Select immigrants based on their likelihood of success in the U.S. and their ability to be financially self-sufficient.
- Vet applicants to ensure they support America’s values, institutions and people, and temporarily suspend immigration from regions that export terrorism and where safe vetting cannot presently be ensured.
- Enforce the immigration laws of the United States and restore the Constitutional rule of law upon which America’s prosperity and security depend.
Donald J. Trump’s 10 Point Plan to Put America First
1. Begin working on an impenetrable physical wall on the southern border, on day one. Mexico will pay for the wall.
2. End catch-and-release. Under a Trump administration, anyone who illegally crosses the border will be detained until they are removed out of our country.
3. Move criminal aliens out day one, in joint operations with local, state, and federal law enforcement. We will terminate the Obama administration’s deadly, non-enforcement policies that allow thousands of criminal aliens to freely roam our streets.
4. End sanctuary cities.
5. Immediately terminate President Obama’s two illegal executive amnesties. All immigration laws will be enforced - we will triple the number of ICE agents. Anyone who enters the U.S. illegally is subject to deportation. That is what it means to have laws and to have a country.
6. Suspend the issuance of visas to any place where adequate screening cannot occur, until proven and effective vetting mechanisms can be put into place.
7. Ensure that other countries take their people back when we order them deported.
8. Ensure that a biometric entry-exit visa tracking system is fully implemented at all land, air, and sea ports.
9. Turn off the jobs and benefits magnet. Many immigrants come to the U.S. illegally in search of jobs, even though federal law prohibits the employment of illegal immigrants.
10. Reform legal immigration to serve the best interests of America and its workers, keeping immigration levels within historic norms.
Read More on Donald J. Trump’s 10 Point Plan to Put America First, here.
- Illegal immigrants and other non-citizens in our prisons and jails together had around 25,000 homicide arrests to their names. [United States Government Accountability Office, March 2011]
- Current immigration policy costs taxpayers $300 billion a year [National Review, Sept. 22, 2016]
- There are at least 2 million convicted criminal aliens now inside the country. [Center for Immigration Studies, Oct. 2013]
- Since 2013 alone, the Obama Administration has allowed 300,000 criminal aliens to return back into U.S. communities.
- Between 9/11 and the end of 2014, at least 380 foreign-born individuals were convicted in terror cases inside the United States. [U.S. Senate Immigration Subcommittee, June 22, 2016]
- In the last five years, we’ve admitted nearly 100,000 immigrants from Iraq and Afghanistan – in these two countries, according to Pew research, a majority of residents say that the barbaric practice of honor killings against women are often or sometimes justified. [U.S. Department of Homeland Security, August 2016], [Pew Research Center, July 22, 2016]
- From the year 2008 through 2014, nearly 13,000 criminal aliens were released back into U.S. communities because their home countries would not take them back. [The Boston Globe, June 4, 2016]
- 62 percent of households headed by illegal immigrants used some form of cash or non-cash welfare programs, like food stamps or housing assistance. [Center for Immigration Studies, Sept. 2015]
- Nearly 1 million illegal immigrants, including nearly 200,000 with criminal convictions, had been ordered deported but remain at large. [Washington Examiner, July 1, 2015]
- Between 2013 and 2015, the Obama Administration released over 86,000 criminal aliens from custody. In 2015 alone, ICE freed 19,723 criminal aliens, who had 64,197 convictions among them. These included 8,234 violent convictions and 208 homicide convictions. [Homeland Security Committee, Nov. 19, 2015]
CONTRAST WITH HILLARY CLINTON
- Hillary will bring in 620,000 new refugees in a four-year term at a lifetime cost of over $400 billion. [U.S. Senate Immigration Subcommittee, June 27, 2016]
- Hillary Clinton has pledged amnesty in her first 100 days, and her plan will provide Obamacare, Social Security and Medicare for illegal immigrants – breaking the federal budget. On top of that, she promises uncontrolled low-skilled immigration that continues to reduce jobs and wages for American workers, especially African-American and Hispanic workers.
- Hillary Clinton will give citizenship to illegal immigrants who compete directly against vulnerable American workers for the right to high-paying jobs, safe housing and good schools. [Donald J. Trump Press Release, July 28, 2016]
- Hillary Clinton will protect and expand President Obama’s illegal and unconstitutional DACA and DAPA executive actions that give millions of illegal immigrants social security numbers, work authorization, travel authorization, eligibility for benefits, and tax credits in violation of the United States law.
- Hillary Clinton supports making illegal immigrants eligible for Obamacare, which will force American taxpayers to further subsidize illegal immigration.
- Hillary Clinton supports sanctuary cities, the catch-and-release program at the border, visa overstays, and the release of dangerous criminals from detention.
- Hillary Clinton has no plan to secure the border. The ICE agents call her plan "the most radical immigration proposal in U.S. history."